>One Month To Go…….

>One month from today before I leave for my trip. Wow, i can’t believe its so close! I’m publishing this post from my ipad so I can see how that works. It’s been a lot of work, and a LOT of fun putting this trip together. It really is going to be a phenomenal trip! Ive had some real travel karma moments, which I’ll share with you over the upcoming weeks of final preparation. And I’ve had some tense moments as I’ve been following some of my destinations….the floods/cyclones in Australia; the bombing at the Moscow airport; the civil unrest in Cairo. This last one did cause me to make a decision to cancel my egypt leg and reroute my trip through Budapest, Vienna and Prague instead. It was decision time today as my full payment amount for the Egypt portion of the trip was due today. I had wanted an extension of time so that I could decide closer to my departure date whether or not I should cancel. But the travel company, overseas adventure travel (OAT) was extremely inflexible and even charged me a $300 cancellation fee for canceling today!! Needless to say, when I do eventually get to Egypt, it won’t be with OAT. More to follow in the upcoming days as March 5th quickly approaches!


Written by

No Comments Yet.

Leave a reply